Tuesday 24 February 2009

Easily Led or Motivated?

OK so yesterday I was quitting uni for reasons I blogged about, along with other reasons!

Today I'm still a student continuing on my course. My lecturer tracked me down and spoke to me over the phone about why I was leaving. I explained everything to him and he seemed to think I wasn't as far behind with my work as I thought I was. He literally begged me to come back, mainly because I will have been throwing away the last 18 months of work. I know for sure his real reasons...as I discussed yesterday regarding the financial gain for the establishment, so why was I so easy to agree to continue??

I did work hard last year and loved it all...this year has been a struggle along with issues at home but I seriously thought II'd already thrown it away. Am I easily led or seriously committed to the pleasure that is photography?

Do people really mean it when they say that you're a good photographer? Or say things you want to hear? My lecturer is constantly telling me this, but is his hidden agenda to keep me to guarantee funding from external sources? The only thing I know is how having a camera in my hand makes me feel, and that is what motivates me to carry on. Does the qualification matter? Not to me, but I'm too self-competitive that I need to prove that I can do it!

For now readers, I'm still a student but with my turbulent personality, watch this space!

No comments:

Post a Comment